Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2010 Tulsa State Fair...

It's funny, before we had Rylie I didn't understand why parents would take their newborns and infants to the fair. I honestly thought it was ridiculous to take an infant out in such surroundings when they wont even remember it anyway.  WELL...bite your tongue mommy...I just couldn't wait to take Rylie to the Tulsa State Fair this year!  (Having this child has really made me re-think a lot of things I used to believe when I was kid-less.) We had such a great time. She wont remember her first year to go to the fair, but I sure will.  It was a lot of fun.  We even went twice. First with Nana and Pops and then with Grammie and Aunt Tay Tay.

We seem to time Rylie's feeding just right for our outings, either that or she is just a really good baby. Friday night Rylie enjoyed walking around the animal barns on Pop's shoulder and wasn't scared at all by the many animals and people that were there.  She got in some good teething time on Pop's shoulder as well. He had a nice big slobber stain on his t-shirt. Pop's said it was worth it!
 
 
Daddy decided that he was going to win Rylie her first carnival game toy. And it only took him a couple of bucks worth of shots for him to make the basket! Way to go daddy!!! Of course mommy picked out the big PINK stuffed dog for her.
 
 
Nothin' but net!  Yay daddy!!
 
 

Then on Sunday afternoon, Grammie, Aunt Tay Tay and I took Rylie to the Fair Ice Capades to see Disney On Ice.  Again...not something I ever thought I would take a 15 week old baby to, but I just couldn't wait to get there with her.  She did SO good too. Of course she isn't nearly old enough to recognize what it was she was seeing, but the show definitely kept her attention and she seem to be very entertained by it.  And of course we were very entertained by her.

 
 
 
 
 
We all took turns holding her up high enough so she could see what was going on. The show really kept her attention without scaring her. It was great!
 
 
 
 
Rylie did very good through act 1 (an entire hour)...and she hung in there for about 15 minutes of act 2.  But when the lights went out, the lights definitely went out!!  She was in dream land, hopefully dreaming of all the skating princesses she got to see today.
Until next year Mickey and Minnie...

2 comments:

  1. Right there with ya! Few years back, I would have thought taking little babies to the fair was crazy but now I know it would be great entertainment! Noah never sat so still & quiet in his stroller as he did the day we visited the state fair of WV! ;) There are many other things I have changed my mind about since becoming a parent as well! Heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Mikayla with her grandpa to the Stock Show when she was 4 months...working on Disney on Ice (since she is scared of people in costumes!!) Hoping we will go soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete