Monday, November 1, 2010

Ear Piercing At 4 Months Old...

It's not like she'll remember the pain.  Right? Okay, I must say that I do feel a bit bad about laughing at her in these pictures. After all, she is my sweet little angel and it hurts me to the core to know she is hurting. But I just couldn't help but look at the funny side of this outing. Brian and Pops excused themselves from the infliction of pain that i was about to put our little angel through. That made me giggle.  However, the way Rylie quickly and loudly let out a scream, I'm sure the guys heard her from down the mall anyway.  I had debated for a couple of weeks about getting her ears pierced.  I wanted to pierce them early before she has the coordination to tug at her ears and possibly pull them out. I went with the very smallest earring we could get so her little ears will still look dainty.

Grammie and Nana and Pops went with us...it was a fun family day. Rylie didn't even cry for long, and by an hour or so her ears didnt seem to bother her at all. She got passed around and loved on a lot this weekend, so I'm sure that helped some.

Fun with hair pieces.
 Before the trauma. Little does she know.
During the trauma. Reality has set in.
 After the trauma. I think I lost some points with her on this one.
She was so brave to let mommy put her through that. I just love her so much!! She didn't cry for long as you can see in the picture below.  Check her out in her little chordoroy dress with those booties. TOO CUTE!  Yes, i'm soooo bragging on the gorgeousness of my daughter. I thank the Lord for her everyday. She is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me and I know Brian would say the same ten fold.  She has made our family complete and it's a beautiful thing.  It amazes us to watch her interact with the world around her and to help her find her way. We are loving every minute of raising our daughter. 



1 comment:

  1. Too funny!! We pierced Mikayla's ears at 8 or 9 weeks and I think she made the EXACT same face...and literally 5 minutes later she forgot the whole ordeal!!
    She's a beautiful little girl and the boots are too cute!

    ReplyDelete