Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 16...Dear Baby Nutt...

Spending the weekend with my mom and sister, and Ken and Janet who came in town for the weekend.  House projects, loving on dogs, and baby planning was the theme of the weekend. Great fun!!







Dear Baby Nutt
Today I am 16 weeks pregnant, which means I've been growing you inside of me for about 4 months. They say I should start to feel you move around soon. I haven't felt you move or kick yet, but I know you are there because my waist line keeps expanding and my hormones are all crazy at times. The morning sickness you put me through the last 8 or so weeks was almost unbearable at times, but every time it got it's worst I would think about how happy it made me that you are growing inside of me and that made me feel much better.  We are getting your room all nice and ready for you. We pulled up carpet and had the original hard wood floors redone. They look beautiful. Just like you are. We are waiting until we find out if you are a boy or a girl before we decorate. But I'm so anxious to find out if you will be a momma's boy or a daddy's little girl. Either way, we just want you to be healthy and happy!

You should have seen your father last week. In the midst of all the little house projects we are doing, you dad got a bit overconfident.  It got very cold here and the water hoses to our washing machine froze. Your father, ever the impatient one, decided that he could "fix it". Not that a couple of days of thawing couldn't have done the trick naturally or anything.  But as I layed down for a sunday afternoon nap (you had me very tired after church and lunch), your dad decided to head to the garage for some "man time" to fiddle with the washer. He took the hoses off and soaked them in hot water, which thawed them out, but then he realized that there must have been frozen water IN the machine somewhere, because the washer wasnt starting properly nor was the tub draining properly after filling.  Oh how the wheels in his mind were turning! All I know is that when I woke up from my over 2 hour nap, Brian was just finishing up in the garage, a bit deflated that he couldn't put the machine back together. He was so cute, I couldn't do anything but laugh with him about it. I'm still not sure how the actual tub part ended up coming off it's center stand...of which he couldnt figure out how to put back and level out, but I guess once you take the back and side panels off of a machine like that it just opens up your imagination and you can't help but tinker with it's guts. One accomplishment however, in the midst of all his tinkering, your father did identify a "part" that had cracked due to the frozen temperatures. This, your father says, made it all worth it. It proved his manhood that day. HE is the king of our washing machine now.  It didnt matter that he had to humbly call a washing machine repair man and have them come the next day to put our machine back together to the tune of $168 bucks, for HE, my wonderful husband, your amazing father, diagnosed a problem with it, a problem that HE could tell the repair man about. As he now beats his chest to the sound of a working washing machine, I have only but one request, please honey, tinker with something a little smaller next time.  ;-)           Good Night, Baby Nutt!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. too funny! that's how a lot of our little projects seem to go! :)

    ReplyDelete