Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 19...Rylie, Are You In There?

It's mommy calling! Are you there?
I keep reading that I should be able to feel Rylie anytime now. They say between 18 and 20 weeks is usually when the flutters should start. So far, i've not felt a thing. Gas bubble feelings result in gas. Hunger feelings result in hunger. My impatience is getting the best of me, I know that feeling my baby move is the next big milestone in pregnancy, so I'm so anxious to finally feel her. I've even been poking my belly lightly in hopes that she'll poke back. Nothin'.  :(   Come on Rylie, give mommy a good kick or two.

It's funny, I told myself I wasn't going to be one of those women who keep their hands on their belly all the time, rubbing it, touching it, resting my hands on it.  Well, be careful what you say ladies, I've SO become one of those women. It's not an "it" anymore, it's Rylie's home. All I want to do is touch my belly, knowing that just a couple inches below my skin is a precious gift from God that Brian and I have prayed for for so long. How could I not want to touch it all the time. Brian likes to talk into my belly button to her. It's really cute.

So come on, Rylie, give mommy a good punch so we know you are liking it in there!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I am admiting that I stalk your blog. I am Amy's friend Carolee. I met you at their wedding. I am a normal person, I think. I started reading when Amy posted that you were having a baby. How exciting.
    I have a little girl that is 19 months old. She did not move much in the womb. This turned out to be a good thing. She was a very sleepy baby which made for a great baby. When I was prego this is how I got her to move, drink a glass of OJ or can of soda (not both you do not want the kid to be ADHD! ), lay on your left side in a quite room for about 20 minutes and see if you can feel anything. This usually worked for me. Hope this helps, if not give it more time. Again, I am not a weird. However, I am friends with Amy so maybe I am. Feel free to stalk my blog anytime. Perhaps you have a life unlike me and do not feel the need to stalk others. Ha! Ha!. Hope things continue to go well with your pregnacy.

    ReplyDelete