Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 20...Nesting...And Pink Circles!

We've started on the nursery. We've decided on paint colors. And I'm not going with the traditional pink walls. I'm keeping the lamswool beige and I'm going to paint a mural of circles in different shades of pink and cream on one wall only. I think this decor will last for much longer than having all 4 walls painted pink. It'll be hip, modern, and more tolerable.  I know me, and I know I'll get tired of an entirely pink room in no time. I cant wait to get the circles done. It's hard to describe without seeing a picture, so you'll have to stay tuned for the fine artwork that's coming!  We've also been doing little projects like replacing interior doors. I think the doors in the house are all original, which means they are old and plain. We like the look of modern day doors, so we decided this was a necessity. Unfortunatley, the door frames in a house that was built in 1954 leave a little accuracy to be desired. We decided that we could save some coin and replace them outselves...and we did...but not without some very hard work involved. The existing door frames that the new standard sized doors were going into, weren't exactly standard sized themselves. Several of the doors requied some shaving and sanding in order to get them to fit right.  Yes, there are many inperfections in our work, but at first glance, they look pretty darn good. And Brian can add some new skills to his do-it-yourself repertoire. I will say, though, we couldnt have done it without the help of my sister, Tracie. She really helped us with the door hanging. She's been amazingly helpful in every aspect of adjusting to pregnancy and getting ready for baby. She is so excited to become an aunt for the first time and this pregnancy has really brought us closer. She even brings me "cho-co-do-ho's" on Saturday mornings.  That's twin talk for chocolate-covered-donut-holes! Although she recently informed me that she was starting to feel like those donuts were the equivalent of crack to me and she didn't want to contribute to my addiction any longer. I think she is just saying that to get on Brian's good side because she loves them just as much as I do! Brian is really starting to like the fact that he not only got a wife when he married me, he got a somewhat needy, yet awesome, sister too. And, as long as he's picking on sis, he's not picking on prego. (Love you babe!) Which works out beautifully for me and my overly sensitive hormones!  I love you sis! Keep those cho-co-do-ho's comin'!!

Brian, getting the doors to fit right and painting them.
And me, drawing and painting the circles. Brian thought it was going to be a big mess of crazy pencil marks. But now that the paint color is going up, I think he see's my "pink circles" vision.  The white is the base coat for the pastel pink shade. There will also be dark pink, cream, and brown colored circles. 
For the first time in my life, I can actually say that I LOVE my big growing belly!
Scripps helping mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment