Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 22...More DIY and Some Baby Flutters!

Call it nesting, call it saving money, but Brian and I are really getting into the DIY (Do It Yourself) projects. We replaced the quarter round moulding along our baseboards in our hallway this weekend, and we even mitered the edges and made it look really professional. Wood puddy works wonders where the corners didnt exactly line up, and after Brian painted them, they absolutely look great!  Rylie decided that she didnt like the up and down, up and down, up and down, I was doing all day by being on the floor measuring, going to the garage to cut a piece, and then getting back down on the floor to hammer the moulding in. But I seemed to have a gentler touch with the hammer which made the nails go in straighter. Once that was complete, however, daddy Brian did all the painting. It looks great and we did it all ourselves.
The finished moulding, before paint. Look how beautifully that corner lines up!!!
I'm completely finished with the colored circles in Rylies room, except for the dark brown trim. I'm embarrassed to say that free handing a brown rim around each circle is going to be much harder than I thought. I tried on a small circle and the brush I chose was too wide once it had paint in it, that it turned out completely aweful! Once the dark brown dried, I covered it up with white primer, recoated the colors and now it's as if it never happened. I'm going to get a smaller paint brush and try to be more delicate with the brown trim. We'll see how that works out for me. When that is done, I'm going to put a fresh coat of glossy white on the baseboards and crown molding. Then the painting in Rylies room should be complete.

We ordered her baby furniture this past weekend and it's so cute. It's funny, i wasnt too peticular about what i wanted her furniture to look like at first. We just felt so happy and blessed that we are even able to have this child, the furniture really didnt seem to matter. That is, of course, until I found a perfect little pink rug with cream colored flowers at Pottery Barn Kids. Once I bought that darling little rug and imagined our baby girl in her room, all of a sudden it DID matter what everything looked like. I got this whole new idea of how I wanted to decorate and have everything match. So I searched and searched for the perfect crib and changing table set. I wanted it to be a cream color...not white, not light brown, but cream. A very difficult color to find in our price range. But alas, Stacie does not give up!  We found a great baby furniture website that had exactly what I was looking for, within our budget!  So we bought that. (more pictures to come when it arrives and Brian will have to put it together!) But here is the picture of what it will look like, minus the bedding. This is just the website pic.
Her room is coming together so wonderfully. We will also have a cradle that we are borrowing from a friend of Brian's mom. Brenda used the cradle with both of her sons and I'm glad we can keep it alive in the extended family.  We are also getting the wooden high chair that Brian used when he was a baby. Mom an Pops have had it in their attic, so we will get to pass that down to Rylie. So awesome!  I just cant wait unitl she is here and we get to meet our baby girl.  Only 4 more months to go!

I think I felt Rylie a couple of times this past week. It didnt feel like a definite kick or anything, more like some lightly popping popcorn in my uterus. It was a strange little flutter feeling, but it makes me smile everytime I feel it. I wish I felt it more often. She doesnt seem to be very active right now. From what I read, she should be around 11 inches long now and almost weigh one whole pound. Unbelievable! Truly an miracle! We love you, Rylie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! I wondered if you felt her tapping by now! And I love the furniture. Can't wait to see the painting and everything all put together. I know its going to be way too cute.

    ReplyDelete