Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 24...Tums at 2 AM...Really?

Yes really!  The heartburn chapter of my pregnancy has begun, hence the munching on Tums at 2 oclock in the morning last night. That mexican food dinner that I begged Brian to take me for was SO good going down. (fajita this, heartburn!) But when I was waddling back to the car, I kind of knew it was probably a mistake. Darn these cravings. Brian was so awesome to drive 15 miles to take me to a specific mexican food restaurant that I hadn't been to in 4 years, just because i was craving it.  Many other close mexican resturants would have been sufficient, now that I think about it, but last night it was Ted's and only Ted's that could satisfy my craving. Was the heartburn worth it?  Ya, this time it definitely was!

Soooooo, a good night's sleep is becoming harder and harder to come by. I'm not supposed to sleep on my back anymore, so I end up flipping from side to side like a fish out of water, lying on a shore line trying desperately to survive. LOL, okay that was a little dramatic, but you get the "flipping" visual at least.  I end up waking up many times throughout the night in an attempt to catch myself sleeping on my back, and if I don't catch myself, Brian does anytime he awakens and looks over at me.  Oh, and my hands fall asleep and get numb at night now. Who knew that was a condition of pregnancy?  I almost always sleep with my arms and hands curled up around my chest or head or wrapped around my pillow. Not anymore, they turn dead numb when I do that so I have to sometimes sit up, let the blood drain back into my pathetic little fingers and then lay back down with them down by my side. This happens when I blow dry my hair in the mornings too. Very strange!

Pregnancy is wonderful, I wouldn't trade any of this for anything. I'm starting to feel Rylie kick more and more and I just LOVE it.  I cant believe how much I love this little girl already and I haven't even met her yet. Just a little over 3 months to go and she'll be here. We love you Rylie!

1 comment:

  1. NEXXIUM!!! Just one and heartburn's done! And it sounds like you are ready for that prego pillow now too. :)

    ReplyDelete