Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 26...Baby Books and Baby Kicks

I've started on Rylies first keepsake baby book. Appropriately named Welcome Home Rylie. I've picked out the paper pack that I want to use as the theme for her book. I've downloaded so many free digital scrapbooking pages and embellishments over the last few years, but none of them jumped out at me in a good combination, so I bought a brand new digital paper pack and kit.  I just love the combination of papers, flowers and buttons.  And I cant wait to get started on her book.
For those of you who were able to see the book I made for Noah, I'm using the same type of story flow, using a bunch of picture to tell the story about Rylies mommy and daddy, how we grew up, how we met, and our life together that brought us to this point.  I'm hoping to get the majority of this book done soon, so all that is left to do when she is born is to add the hospital and baby pictures.  I'm finding it harder and harder to stay comfortable sitting too long in one place, and unfortunately, these books take hours and hours of sitting at the computer...so i'd better hurry on this project.

This past weekend was spent taking lots of naps. My energy level is starting to peter out quicker now that my uterus is taking up even more space in my abdomen. Brian and I went shopping at Target on Saturday and we were in a hurry going from one end of the store to the other. To his surprise, I was out of breath huffing and puffing like an elderly lady. We laughed about it, it was awful and awful-funny at the same time! He thinks it's cute that I softly grunt everytime I get in and out of the car.

Brian recieved a huge treat on Saturday, when he got to feel Rylie for the first time. Up until now, she hasn't been kicking hard enough for anyone to feel on the outside. However, she must have enjoyed that cereal I ate for breakfast, because she was karate choppin' all over the place on Saturday. Brian was giddy with joy when he laid his hand on my belly and actually felt a good solid kick...several times.  Ahhhhh, the simple things in life that make us smile the biggest! You just cant beat those moments. 

We went for our 4D ultrasound appointment yesterday. Both grandma's came with us, (well, really you could say all 3 grandma's came with us....yes, you Brenda!) so it was extra exciting! The disk they gave us of all the pictures screwed up and there ended up being only one photo on it, so as soon as I swing by and pick up another copy I'll create another blog post about that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I didn't even realize you were already at the point for a 4D! So exciting for Brian to feel those thumps. Soon he'll be able to help push those knees and elbows back into place, and I'm talking about Rylie's, not yours! :) See you in a week and a half. Oh, and I'm placing bets that you don't last until June 30th! Ha!

    ReplyDelete