Friday, December 10, 2010

November At The Nutts...

We decided to make it a tradition to put up our Christmas Tree the weekend of Thanksgiving. I had originally thought about making the tradition that we do it ON Thanksgiving Day...but after further thought and the fact that I was pretty dog tired after cleaning the kitchen following lunch, I decided that "sometime during" the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend would be tradition enough.  We did it on Saturday. Rylie was very entertained by the activity.  She kept reaching for the ornaments, the lights, and the tree limbs.
I just love the above picture. Maybe because I enjoy spending time in Rylie's room. I'm showing signs that I just may become one of those moms who tries to relive her own childhood through her daughter.  Oh please give me a talking to if you see that starting to happen. But I digress.   

Tradition alert... I got Rylie her own little white Christmas tree for her room. I bought a few ornaments, mostly soft pink tones. Rylie helped me put it together and get it decorated. She was enjoying holding a book for a little while, then became more interested in the ornaments. Daddy took some very cute pictures.  (Just to warn you now, I'm doing silly captions on this post. I'm just in the mood! :)
"Hey dad. what up?"
"A pink sequined ball?     For moi?" 
"Why thank you, I so fancy it!"
"I'll pull the tree closer so I can get a better look at it."

Later Rylie and I were playing with her book. She's getting better with her little hands. She is really starting to grab at things more and hold things for longer time periods.
"I'm down with this book, mom. This frog is wack."
"Oops, what happened? I seem to have dropped my book."
"umph. I want my book back. must...bend...forward..."
"Whoa. That was close. give me a minute. must...keep...balance."
"Night night, mommy. Nap time. This netting looks tasty."
Bundled up after being outside with mommy in the cold. 
Talking to daddy about something very important it looks like. I think they were sharing an ESPN moment.


Rylie is so happy in the mornings. She likes to hang out in her crib for 15 to 20 minutes in the mornings after she wakes up. We turn her mobile on with the dim light and music and she will lay there, giggle, and talk to herself. I love listening to her.


Helping mommy in the kitchen one afternoon. She is still growing into those hair flowers and bows.





Worn out after an active morning with mommy. I'm so glad she'll nap in her swing. Look at Scripps walking by her.  Scripps is so good with her. I'm very happy about how she has taken to Rylie. Our boxer is 10 years old and she's been our only child. Brian raised her from a puppy. I was prepared for maybe a tad bit of her acting out and her possibly being territorial. But darn it if she isn't the sweetest, calmest boxer baby ever! She really knows her place in the Nutt pack. And Rylie is starting to be more interested in her. She'll grab at her ears and try to touch her when near. It's cute.


1 comment:

  1. I see those blacked out windows, Mama! She's such a good girl! I want a pink and white Christmas tree!! Why don't they make such adorable things for boys?

    ReplyDelete