Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

We did Thanksgiving at our house in Tulsa this year. I decided I wanted to cook a Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings. It was fun and everything turned out done at the same time... I really wasn't expecting that, to be honest.  My mom came over and made her stuffing that I love, and have loved every year since birth!  Tracie and Allan both came over too. Allan was supposed to go hunting, but decided to head out after our lunch so that he could join us. I really had a lot of fun cooking. We put Rylie in her highchair so she could hang out with us in the kitchen while we were making stuff, although this activity didn't hold her attention for very long. She was napping on Grammie in no time. She loves her 30 minute power naps. We fed her baby food peas for the first time, which she seemed to really like. She took to the spoon well and managed to get more in her tummy than on her face. Mommy and daddy are proud.  :)  She turned 5 months old on November 22nd.  Time is going by fast.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are grateful for all of our friends and family. We are so blessed in so many ways and not a day goes by that we don't think about and appreciate how blessed we truly are!


Rylie is rolling over frequently now. Seems like every time we put her down on her back she starts pulling her little feet up toward her head and then rolls over on her little hips like a weeble wobble. Then, plop, on over to her belly. She looks amazed at herself every time. Then she realizes she doesn't know what to do while she's there.  She gets frustrated and fussy sometimes quickly. My little angel is going to be a feisty one, I'm afraid. But the sweetest feisty one there is. I'll make sure of that.  It's funny...watching and helping a baby grow.  I'm really, really diggin it.  :)
 
 
 
Tracie and I being goofy in the kitchen. My sister is a goober and I love it!
  

And just look at this cute little family of 3!...
 
Reading the paper with Uncle Allan. They were reading about the then upcoming Bedlam game. 
 
I really like this picture of the cooking cranberry's. The red color is so pretty.  And I didn't even alter the color in Photoshop, which is odd for me.  I love playing in Photoshop.  Click on the photo to make it screen size.  Ka-pow! This pic just kicks ya in the face. Gotta love it.  
And below, Grammie teaching Rylie how to cook the cranberry's.  What you don't see here is the aftermath of me taking over keeping an eye on them... I didn't do a very good job of it.  They boiled over...big time.  I guess a sign of a good thanksgiving meal is the need to completely break down the stove burners for a round in the dishwasher. :)  This, of course, was done after football games and naps.
 
Way to go Scripps!...oops, who left that wing in the trash so close to the edge?  Silly dog snuck it out. We let her get away with chewing on it a minute or two.  Happy Thanksgiving Scripps! You may not be so lucky next year.
 
Yummy peas, yummy peas! I gave her the spoon to play with after she was done eating. I've noticed over the past week that she is much more aware of things and she is reaching and grabbing more things.  And hair...she really loves to grab mommy's hair.  
 
 
 
 
 
We did the Thanksgiving Day shopping to one store only. We went to K-Mart because they had 700 thread count sheet sets on sale for $29.99.  Which, for those of you who love high thread count sheets as much as I do, you know that price is unheard of.  And Grammie found some reindeer antlers in the baby section that she thought Rylie couldn't live without. Too cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment