Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Love Spring...

This season of spring, popping up so quickly, has me giddy. I just love the changing of the seasons. :) ....it makes my soul happy....being curious for the mischiefs of new life blooming all around us.  Watching my landscaping grow.  It's my awesome season of having conversations with my outside plants.  My white flowering dogwood that i planted last year came back. I am very excited about this. It was touch and go last winter, it's first year in the ground.  I thought we lost it two different times when the weather froze.  But it's currently got pretty white flowers on it!  yay :)   This is my 3rd attempt to grow a white flowering dogwood tree.  I adore these pretty little things!  I'm thinking about planting a pink one. so pretty.

Rylie is enjoying the garden play time. She loves to play outside. I've also noticed, this last week to be exact, her interesting obsession with her doll and her blanky. (I only point this out because i'm thinking about that as I see this pic.)  She wants to take her doll every where she goes. And she will randomly realize that she doesn't have it with her and then she pauses in the middle of what she's doing and says "baby?"  But then she starts to get anxious, looking for her.  it's cute, but I don't want Rylie to start having anxiety at such an early age.  Let's just hope those items don't get lost before she moves on to loving something else.  :)

This is what i've done with part of the backyard.  That rose bush is the only plant that I kept when I bought the house. She ends up getting black spot every year and looks pretty pathetic by summers end, but she blooms out some really pretty dark pink roses every year.  I think I'm going to prune her differently this year. Instead of bush style, i'm going to prune her vine style. We'll see what happens! :)  Brian and I love working in the yard together, we've done SO much to it these last few years. I love it and I love creating this great environment for Rylie.  And yes, that is a little wooden milk cow I have sitting in the yard. Her name is Bessy. Rylie likes to sit on her and say "moooo".  so cute!  (If you know where to look, you can see my white flowering dogwood i was talking about. you can see it behind the swing.)

We planted some annuals tonight.  My flower obsession for this blooming season is below.  Last year it was Petunias.  This year... it's Superbells.  I love the deep colors and the variety of colors. The big pot in the above pic is also full of them. six different colors of them. I cant wait to see them all bloom out!

These are Dianthus.  I love the rich colors. This pot will be so beautiful when these grow!

Rylie and daddy racing to the end of the deck.  Rylie won!

I love this picture of her. She's getting to be such a big girl with expressions of thought. She still amazes me everyday...developing her personality and mind. I love teaching her things and watching her grow.  We are so blessed. (Even when she's having nasty toddler meltdowns.)

Below is Rylie's own little gardening station that she got for Christmas. She likes imitating mommy. LOVE THAT!! :)

So here's to Spring, 2012!  May you all bear the fruits of your labors... and take the time to enjoy every minute of it.  I am planting my tomatoes and squash this weekend. Last year my attempt to grow squash failed. But i'm trying it again this year. A little differently, a little better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment