Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 6...Lots Of Rest and Nausea

This week was spent doing a lot of praying and napping. The last time I miscarried, the symptoms started around the middle of week 5, so with each passing day i've been getting more and more excited that this pregnancy is going to stick. I've been tired all on my own anyway, so although Brian has been the best husband in the world by not letting me lift a finger and over do it, it's not been too difficult of me to agree. We really need to make sure this baby is implanted good before I do anything strenuous.

This week I also made it to another milestone, morning sickness!!  I was really wanting to experience morning sickness and a friend told me I'd eat those words soon. She was right. Morning sickness sucks. However, the good thing is that the morning sickness means that i'm really pumping the hormones and the baby is growing strong. Which is good and means my chances of miscarrying have decreased significantly. Totally awesome!

We tried several things this year to get pregnant, including fertility drugs and 1 round of Intrauterine Insemination. All of which failed. This pregnancy was unassisted and such a blessing. I definitely attribute lots of prayer and living right to this gift God has blessed us with.

Things are going great this week and I cant wait until next week when we go for our second ultrasound and get to see the heartbeat.  Until then......

WEEK 6  "This is going to be a busy week for your amazing little embryo. Their brain is still growing remarkably fast; miniature hand plates are starting to develop and the early formations of what will be their fingers are already visible. Also, the lower limbs do not develop quite as fast, so they’re pretty much still flippers. Up until this point, your baby has been very curled up with the head and tail in close proximity, but this week their trunk and neck are beginning to grow and straighten as their tail recedes into its resting position in the back. Even though your little miracle is only 6 weeks old, they’re already capable of demonstrating reflex responses to touch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment