Friday, November 20, 2009

Week 7...Second Ultrasound and a Heart Beat


What an awesome day November 16th was!  Swooshy swooshy swooshy swooshy is what we heard at the doctors visit during the ultrasound. His little heartbeat was 138!  Brian said he could tell it was a heartbeat, but for some reason I guess I expected to make out the actual beats a lot clearer and I didn't really pick up on it until after the swooshy swooshy was over and the doctor said that that was it.  I keep calling it a him because I just have a feeling it's going to be a boy.  I'm also hoping it's going to be a boy, although I'm just praying for a healthy happy baby.

We had our dr. appt early this week and I'm now writing late this week. I meant to write sooner, but it's not been a good week. Lots of nausea, tiredness, and just plain old yucky feeling 24/7.  The doctor gave me a prescription for my nausea, but only 12 pills in a 30 day period, so I'm being very choosy when I take them.  Since rolling up in a ball under my desk at work really isn't an option, I have to save them for during the week. Otherwise ginger snaps, animal crackers, and cranberry juice have become the air I breathe. I eat them constantly. Unfortunately I got sick of Saltines very early and can no longer stomach them.

I'm not having any weird cravings, but there are definitely things I cant eat. I cant even LOOK at potato chips without uncomfortable thoughts of vomiting. And Sonic tater tots, one of my all time favorites, has now become my gag reflex's worst enemy.  Oh the horror!!!!

On a non-pregnancy note, we went to see the move New Moon on friday night. Yes, opening night. Luckily we were joining some friends and they were the ones who got there early to stand in line, not for tickets, but for entrance into the theater.  Seats were good and we even got 6 together, which we weren't expecting after seeing the hoards of teeny-boppers who were there much earlier than we were. A WONDERFUL second installment of the Twilight saga with a great cliff hanger at the end. Just a beautiful depiction of teen love, innocent lust, hot vampires, and sexy werewolves. A great story!

WEEK 7  "Your baby is really beginning to develop more physical definition this week – their oversized head isn’t just large and oblong anymore, it’s actually a little bit pointy. The tiny receding tail bud is now starting to be overshadowed by the growth of their legs, which are now complete with knees and the beginnings of toes. Their eyes and ears are the most visible features on their head and their miniature bones are starting to harden throughout their body. You also have some variation on a boy or a girl at this point, although their genitals won’t be visible enough to determine which color cigars you’re going to buy until around the 16th week."

No comments:

Post a Comment