Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 8...Woo-Hoo to Boo-Hoo In Less Than a Second

Wow, pregnancy hormones can be powerful. All I wanted at lunch today was some macaroni and cheese at KFC. It's too bad that the one thing I was craving out of my 3 piece chicken strip meal was the one thing they screwed up!  And who knew that something like a fast food order screw up would start the water works flowing so strongly?  I'm just glad I decided to open my containter a couple blocks down the street from KFC and not get all the way back to my office before I saw the "slaw" so very wrongly positioned where my mac and cheese should have been. Who knows what kind of carnage would have been left in my wake if I wasn't able to turn my car around, march my butt back into the store and, through tears streaming down my face, demand they fix my order.  It was, looking back, kind of surreal. Dont mess with me, KFC. Dont mess with me.  (Incidentally, I wont be showing my face back in that KFC for a while.)

Looking back over the events of my emotional lunch hour, I can laugh about it now. But I sure couldn't, and didn't, then. What the hell?  Seriously?  I'm going to have emotional outburst of uncontrolable tears and rage at seemingly silly situations?  Really?   Do they make pop drops for that?  In addition to Preggie Pop Drops, how about Preggie Tear Drop Preventers?  Speaking of Preggie Pop Drops, they aren't bad little distracters, but i'm not sure how much they are actually helping my nausea. I think they make them so sour that you can't really focus on anything else, including how icky you feel. Whatever works I guess, right?



WEEK 8  "Woohoo! You've got one whole inch of baby inside of you! Your little embryo has finally reached the one-inch mark (30mm). And if it were possible to take a peek, you could actually see your tiny baby without a telescope! What’s more, your baby is finally starting to take on some very distinct human features. For starters, their little tail (really just the spinal cord) has disappeared completely. It’s nice to know your baby can no longer be mistaken for a sea creature! Additionally, both their toes and fingers are prominent with very little, if any, webbing. Upper and lower limbs all show recognizable joints (elbows and knees) and the lower limb bones are starting to ossify. But don’t expect your baby to resemble either parent quite yet. Right now, your baby’s head is disproportionately larger than the rest of their body--making up almost half of your little one’s height and weight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment