Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taking In The Arts...

I think 8 weeks old is old enough to have your first trip to the local museum, don't you? :)   I loaded up my little princess and took her to the Philbrook Museum of Art this week. It's a beautiful museum that used to be the home of Tulsa oilman Waite Phillips, built in 1926.   The gardens in the back of the property are gorgeous. So beautiful and peaceful. It's enjoyable to visit.  I can remember many times as a child that mom would take Tracie and I to Phillbrook Museum. We always had fun going on outings like that with mom.  Sometimes our grandma would come too.  I have very fond memories of my childhood in Tulsa.

Grammie came to Philbrook with us.  We three had a fun outing.  The weather was much nicer that morning than it had been lately, (these hot Oklahoma summers!) we got to the Museum early to take advantage of the nice morning outside. She was such an alert little traveler on this day and stayed awake most of the time, until we hit the last exhibit for the day, the Egyptian artifacts...notice that the Baby Bjorn came out for use. She was a limp little sack of tired potatoes!  So cute.

Touching fountain water for the first time.
Grammie teaching her about flowers.
Rylie met her very first cat. I assume the cat was a resident of the property. She was very tame and quite confident in her approach to see what Rylie and I were up to sitting on her rock.  We said hi to Ms. Cat and then moved on.




Introducing her to the garden fish. She, of course had no clue what was going on, but it was enjoyable explaining it all to her.
She hasnt quite grabbed for the rattle on her own yet. But I'm hoping that if I keep giving it to her to play with she'll get the idea. 

What a face!   :)
She was a trooper for a while, but finally gave in to her need to nap. I just love those Baby Bjorns. It feels so good to have her napping so close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment