Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 31...More Spring Projects

I love the outdoors, and I'm hoping to pass that along to Rylie as my mother passed that along to me.  When I was young it used to confuse me how my mother could look at a tree changing colors in the fall and get SO moved and excited about it. She would gasp at the beauty of a multi colored tree. At the time I would think "come one mom, it's just a tree".  As I've grown older, however, my love of the outdoors and all of God's creatures has grown by leaps and bounds. I, too, get so excited when the tree's change in the fall and will point out all the prettier ones to anyone who's riding in the car with me. It's a beautiful thing, the changing seasons.

So to get ready for this years time in the great outdoors of our backyard, we had a few projects to complete.  Since we had to have some plumbing redone earlier this year, we still had the dirt filled trench going down our yard to the fence line. With the help of my sister and her boyfriend, we covered that with sod.  AND, the men were able to pull out the old 1950's clothes line that has been in the yard ever since the house was built. Ah, the nostalgia of it.....and good riddance to it!

The before look of dirt and mud following trenching.
And the after. Gotta love sod!

Digging up the old laundry line poles...
And me, trimming the bushes. The only thing I was allowed to do that day besides take pictures.
Here I am that night cooking dinner. Brian thinks its cute that I sit in a chair at the stove. If he only knew how bad my feet hurt after standing in one place for only minutes at at time!  That high bistro table chair comes in very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment