Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 35...Swelling and Pressure

Okay....I think I'm caught up on blogging now.  (next I just need to get caught up on sending out thank you cards for all our wonderful shower gifts we've received!)  I know I just posted the last three weeks worth of posts at one time. But the good thing is I kept up with the writing part each week, it was mostly the pictures that I was waiting to upload before I posted.  I just need to keep up weekly on all of it so I wont be so behind. Especially now that it's getting so much closer to my due date, I want to make sure I stay current.  I cant believe there is less than 5 weeks left.  And less if she comes early, which is my hope.  Selfish reasons of course, I really want to meet her as I just love her so darn much already.  And, then there's just the plain comfort issue of carrying a baby.  I've gained 45 pounds so far!  ouch!!  With less than 5 weeks to go, I'm sure I'm going to pass the "50 pound weight gain" that I DIDN'T want to happen. Oh well, I'm pretty much all belly and boobs so hopefully I'll be able to lose it quickly.

The swelling, or edema as my doctor calls it, in my legs and feet is becoming funny to me.  I can make little shapes in my legs when I press down with different shaped objects, and the shape just stays indented for a little while. Freak Show Stacie is the name of my swelling game. Might as well get a laugh out of it, right?  The good thing is that my doctor says its a perfectly normal amount of swelling and I'm absolutely fine. So really I don't have too much to complain about.  That is, unless I want to start complaining about the pressure in my lower abdomen. Rylie is running out of room, I'm afraid, and it's starting to hurt.  I feel like I have to pee ALL the time.  She'll stretch out and I can feel her both in my ribs and my pelvis at the same time.  Okay, enough complaining!!  It's actually really cool and I just love it when she moves around.  She's been moving around so much lately that sometimes I think she's going to just bust out my belly button and say "HI!", or something to that affect.

We've done our pre-registration at the hospital, and we have decided on a pediatrician that came highly recommended by friends.  We actually have a pre-natal appointment with the baby doctor tomorrow morning, just to meet with him and tour the office. I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm hoping we'll like him as much as others do.

One thing we haven't done, which we need to, is pack the hospital bag.  Since the delivery isn't going to be "scheduled", who knows when my water will break and I'll start having contractions.  Again, I'm hoping she'll come early, so it could be any week!  WOW!!!!!!!  IT COULD BE ANY WEEK!!  YIPEE!

2 comments:

  1. glad you're all caught up! ;) i can't believe there's only FOUR weeks to go!! gotta book those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the swelling thing...let me know if you get emtional when you see your ankles for the first time after delivery!! = )
    Love that you are caught up and we LOVED seeing you guys in Arkansas!!
    Waiting patiently for Riley...

    ReplyDelete