Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Social Outings...

Rylie's social schedule has been busier than mine!  Good thing she needs a driver, right?  I really enjoy taking her places, not only because I think she's the most beautiful thing God ever put on this planet, but because I enjoy teaching her about everyday activities as well as special occasions. Some parents seem to parent with the "hanging out with my kid" parenting style. I want to take more of a "i'm going to teach you all about everything" approach to parenting.  Oh, the places we will go and the things you will learn, my sweetheart!

I recently went to a friends bridal shower. It was held at the Dillards Home Department, an idea I thought was really cool. The shower was kid friendly, so I was glad I got to take Rylie with me. She did great. Being able to predict when Rylie is going to get hungry is the best skill I've developed over the 11 weeks I've been blessed to be home with her all day.  Planning for feedings around activities makes for such enjoyable experiences.  I just love her!

She did so good while being passed around to the ladies.

That night we decided it would be fun to go to the Boat/RV show.  It was the smaller one of the year and they didn't have too many outdoor travel toys to really explore.  But it was fun to get her out for a little while anyway.

On this day, our outing was to go to my office one last time before I returned to work.  I dressed her up extra cute for the trip. I probably was able to take her by my office at least once every two weeks while I was off work.  It was fun to expose her to the career side of me too.  This was the darling little pants outfit I dressed her in. She's starting to get such a personality and the cutest little facial expressions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment