Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Approaching End Of Year Two

I'm more in love with my husband today than at any other time of our short, almost 2 year marriage. We celebrate our 2nd anniversary in mid October. It's true what they say, the first year is definitely the hardest. But the hard work pays off. Remember those 6 words every time you start to struggle with whether or not it really does, at any year.

My first one went through 6 years. Exactly five years, 9 months and 4 days. From wedding date to the divorce date. Don't get me wrong, I don't recite that to myself everyday as some sort of self infliction of emotional pain. Frankly, that was the first time I sat down and calculated it out...just for kicks this evening. But I digress.

We start to realize this more as we grow older. Each year that is. If we take what we learn during the growth of our first year and apply it to our actions when living the 2nd year, we succeed in capturing some happy peaceful times. And so on and so forth. (I believe the emphasis on the words in that phrase are "on" and "forth", not the two "so" word as people most commonly say. And it sounds even better with a slight English air. You can somewhat picture Renee Zellwigger repeating those words in a line from one of her chick flicks. "...and so ON.....and so FORTH!......"

Again, digressing.

B and I are in a happy peaceful chapter in our marriage. Enjoying the memories we worked hard to get. This past year, and more so these last couple of months, going through our fertility struggles together has brought us closer. I love him so much for that. Both Brian him and God Him. We've come to understand each other more deeply and more patiently. And we laugh more together. I just adore him.

I will admit, B and I are much better people, much happier, and things seem to go our way more often when we are attending church regularly. I'm not what some would call a bible waiver, don't get me wrong, but I love church. I haven't always loved church, nor have i always attended church; truth be told, there have been several times throughout my life where I've seriously doubted the existence of God and Jesus. Those were, looking back now, sad times, although growing, evolving times. At the time they were just plain lost and confused times. I can look back now and smile proudly that those times are over and feel blessed that those times have led me to where I am today. We leave church every Sunday feeling rejuvenated and happy and emotionally inspired. Who wouldn't want that? Seriously.

Back to happy people. Our music director who sort of probably wouldn't know us from Adam (pun very intended), Jesse, gets us pumped every Sunday morning. Pastor Hess is great too. He married us. We started looking for a home church shortly after B moved in. We really didn't look long, SHBC was the 3rd one we visited and it just clicked. We went for a while, we joined, then I got baptised there, we got married there, and after 2 years of attending, i think we might now join a life group and make some friends there. Church friends. That's a big step. It's a big responsibility to take on the commitment to make friends.

B and I have our routine of going to lunch right after church. It's a Nutt thing to do. We love it because it's corny, but we pick out a different restaurant each Sunday, just for kicks. It's a must to be playful.

These seem to be my thoughts tonight. It is getting very late, but I am having trouble sleeping. It's 2:10 in the morning. My body is tired and my head is fighting it. The sound of the storm outside is soothing. My boxer is laying on the ottoman behind me and snoring softly. B is in bed and has been for about an hour and a half. I smile as I say that because the thought of him brings happiness to my heart and thus a smile to my face. That triggers my desire to go lay in bed next to his warm body and end this sharing of my minds' labors tonight. My eyes are heavy.

Goodnight blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment