Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm addicted to blogs...

I don't know how it happened, but I've become strangely addicted to blogs. Not just writing in my own, but also reading other peoples. My interest in other peoples blogs has crept up on me like an incurable rash. I just love clicking on the "next blog" button to see who's blog is going to pop up. There is a never ending scroll of peoples blogs, from all over the world, that will keep popping up as long as you keep clicking that button. I can try and mask the itch of curiosity, but why, when scratching feels so good!

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they pop up. They are in no particular order and have no common subject matter. I do get annoyed when I get a string of foreign language blogs come up all in a row, though. I understand that people in china want to share their family happenings with their family and friends, just like we Americans do, and I don't mind viewing them every now and again...it kind of reminds me how we human beings, all over the world, are really so very similar in our goals, dreams, and challenges, for being so very different in other ways... however, I wish there was a way to filter what kinds of blogs pop up when you click on the "next blog" button. I don't like the blogs where people sell their crap either, just the blogs where people share their memories and adventures of life. Maybe there is a way to filter and I just don't know about it, being new to this whole blog thing myself.

Other peoples blogs can be so fun. I've been hiking through the mountains in Glacier National Park along the Continental Divide vicariously through a man named Tom. He's such an amazingly adventurous individual and has taken me on an enjoyable trip. His blog has been great to follow. I have no idea who he is, but he's been an awesome virtual hiking guide!

It's interesting... the kinds of reactions you get from people you know, who don't blog, when you tell them you are blogging. I either get a "oh wow, that's so great, I wish I had time to do that", or an "oh......why would you want to put your life out there like that?". Well, I do admit, that last reaction came only once and from my twin sister, so I'm not sure if she really counts. My friends and family who are interested in what Brian and I are up to, but are too spread out around the U.S. to keep up regularly, are very excited that we've started to blog. And I've been having a lot of fun sharing our memories with everyone. Since I talk to my sister everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day, she's pretty much always in the know.

Once we get a baby Nutt added to the family, it will be even that much more exciting to document our memories on the blog. And I keep praying that will happen soon.

As said in an earlier post, we are taking some time off from the baby making obsession. That, however, has translated into not having an IUI procedure in August and trying on our own to get the timing right, then if it doesn't happen, trying another IUI in September. (It's amazing how your life, literally, becomes a schedule of months when you are trying to conceive. And you've only got 12 short shots at it in a years time period.)

We have planned, and paid for, the cruise we talked about going on. We are going in October. The fact that we've paid for it and are all excited about rum-ing it up surely means pregnancy is imminent, right? Let's hope so! I'd take a sober cruise in exchange for pregnancy, definitely. We are going to 3 awesome stops and will probably do a couple of excursions this time. I want to do a zip line through the Bahama jungle, and I want to swim with dolphins and sting rays. We are saving Grand Turk for our beach day, and are not planning any excursions for that stop. Grand Turk, of the Turks and Caicos Islands, is absolutely gorgeous. It's small, unoccupied, and the water and sand is amazing. It's a little piece of heaven out there in the Caribbean ocean!
Here's to looking forward to our 2nd wedding anniversary gift to ourselves, a much needed cruise to the Caribbean! Since the 2nd year is represented by cotton, we'll make sure and buy each other pirate t-shirts or something!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...have fun guys!! Blogs are terribly addicting, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete