Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's A Must To Love Your Hair Dresser!

It is! And I really think I found a new permanent hair chick again. It's been several years, yes I said years, since I had a relationship with a hair dresser I love. I've been trying to find someone I click with for a long time. When the lady I had gone to for years and years left the business, suddenly and due to illness, it left me lonely and confused. I had to start "trying out" new ones. That totally sucks. You never know what it's going to be like, it's like a blind date. So I've been "dating around" for the last 3 and a half years so to speak, trying to find that special someone that I, and my hair, connect with.

I'm excited to say I really believe the search is over. A friend of mine told me about Allison and said she and her family have been going to her for many years. I've had her phone number in my wallet for a while, but neglected to call. Sinking to my lowest at the observation of my silver gray roots extending out from my scalp a good inch and a half, I finally called her last week for her first available appointment. It was for today. The salon is great, about a mile from my office towards downtown. It's directly next door to Tiny Lounge, a great little bar I had been to before, but so tiny and not frequent enough, I didn't realize there's been a salon next door to it for the past 4 years. It's on the edge of the downtown redevelopment efforts, the art district of t town i guess.

Allison and I hit it off right away. She knew exactly what I was telling her when explaining what I'm looking for in a hair chick and the cut and color I prefer. It was great. The color came out perfect as if I'd been going to her for years. And we really had a good dialogue the entire time. Honestly, I felt like hugging her when I left. I knooooow! She was that awesome.

Come on, when you sit for 2.5 to 3 hours, every 6 weeks religiously, with someone who is grooming a part of your body the entire length of your stay, you want someone you enjoy as much as possible. I don't want to settle for a bad experience. And it's been a few years worth of bad or mediocre experiences. I wouldn't say I'm more picky than the average Joe about finding the right one, and I'm certainly not afraid of commitment, I just really couldn't find anyone I liked enough. Then that just leads to a depressing cycle of waiting. I've really let myself go at times, afraid of calling the less-than-impressive, yet familiar, person. I knew i wasn't going to be wowed by the outcome, so why stay motivated to commit to a routine.

The torture is over. I think I'll be sticking with Allison. I'm out of my hair funk finally. This brightens my day on so many levels. When my hair looks like crap, i look like crap, which makes me feel crappy. it's a vicious cycle. The clouds have parted. My hair looks great, it no longer wants to bow it's little head in shame. woo-hoo!!

Seriously, this calls for a celebration. Let's celebrate with a clothing purchase. I think I see a new shirt in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment