Sunday, August 9, 2009

I've taken my summer back!

Today is Sunday, August 9th, 2009.  Damn, what a great day!  A great day that ended a great weekend. Brian and I are amazingly blessed!

New favorite song and album.  Half Truism, by The Offspring.  Off of the Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace CD.  Killer song.  That's my mood this weekend.  It's been a relaxing, fun weekend!    :-)    I'm still smiling! 

Why, you ask, since I got the bad news on friday?  (I wasn't pregnant on friday, when I went in for my blood test after our IUI procedure.)  That's okay.  It's not meant to be this time. What was meant to be, however, was Brian and I finding a truck to buy, getting our Seadoo fixed, and just having a fun time with parents one day, and on the lake the next.  We've been wanting to trade the Miata in for a while. Brians been wanting a truck, an F150, just something nice and used. We finally found one that fit.  It was hard parting with the Miata. I've had her for 9 years, since her birth.  But, it was time. We evolve.  

Brian looks hot in the truck. It is so much more his personality, and it's his.  
Yesterday Brian's parents came in town and we went to lunch for Brian's birthday.  They are so awesome! (Here we are in Kansas City at a baseball game last month.)
After they left, we went to drive and buy the truck.  Brian and I mowed, and did yard work. The yard probably looks the best it's looked all summer.  I transplanted some flowers on friday night, that was fun. It was fun getting my hands in the dirt. I've not done too much of that this summer either.  

So back to the awesome weekend.  I took my summer back.  No more obsessing about getting pregnant and having baby's.  When it happens it happens.  On with the fun until it does.  And I'm starting to run again tomorrow too, I'm looking forward to that feeling.  

Today we went to the lake and got the Seadoo out for the first time this summer.  We went to Lake Skiatook, it's close.  It wasn't too busy at all, so it was nice.  Today was only the 2nd time we've been out to the lake this summer.  We are usually there every weekend in some form or fashion, either with friends, or just the two of us.  But we've been so focused on being still, getting pregnant, and not doing anything else.  No more.  It was so awesome getting out on the water today. We had a few beers with us. I was so in my happy place.  It's therapeutic....retail therapy and lake therapy are my two remedies for stress, confusion and burnout.  Prioritized as appropriate, depending on the circumstances. I love getting out on the water, mid summer, when you have the warm sun and breeze brushing up against your lightly sunburned skin. It felt so good.  I love it when the sun is going down and starts to make the waves/wakes glisten with shiney tips as it dances with the wind.  My favorite thing to do on summer mornings at the lake is to get out on the water before 7:00am and just skim across the top of the water on a lake that resembles a gigantic piece of glass. The wildlife is just waking up and the water is so still. It's refreshing.  I love it. Find a good cup of coffee at a marina, and the world is at peace...at least for that brief moment in time.  We had a great time out on the water today. Woo hoo for summer!  Thank God it's not over yet!
I think Brian and I are going to plan another cruise.  Probably before the year is over.
 
Here are some fun cruise shots from the last couple of cruises we've been on.  We have so much fun on cruises, especially when Jeremy and Amy join us.  Here's to awesome friends and cruise buddy's!

Ya.....we are definitely planning another cruise this year. Maybe for our 2nd anniversary in October.  Good times! Good times.  Here's to the rest of the summer.  Have a good one, and pray for happiness, peace, and babys!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment