Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm On A BOAT!

4 am came early yesterday. It was hard to get out of bed since i didnt actually fall asleep until about 2:30 am.  That always happens when we go on vacation...I just cant sleep the night before. I'm a last minute packer and have been for as long as i can remember, so i was up till midnight finishing packing. then I was just awake. As soon as I drifted off the alarm clock rang.

This is our 5th cruise in the last 3 years. Yes, we love the Carnival Fun Ships!  what do I love about cruising you ask?  Well, it's one big party on a big ship in the middle of the ocean. there is always stuff to do and everyone is so nice. The ocean is amazingly beautiful and to sit out on the Lido Deck and watch the whitecaps of the waves at all hours of the night is therapeutic. The ocean is amazing. There are usually 2 dress up nights during each cruise so we can dress up and have professional photos taken at one or more of the many backdrops scattered throughtout the main deck. some of our best pictures together have come from our cruises.

Right now I'm in the Internet Cafe, located in the back of the Cigar Bar. One of many bars with bands playing. The band playing in here is a classic rock band. they just finished singing Free Bird, and now they are singing I Cant Fight This Feeling Anymore. The lead singer has a Eurpoean accent, so its a far stretch from the REO Speedwagon version that I'm used to. But you cant help but like it...he's putting so much emotion into it.

We were assigned to a 4 person dinner table this cruise. I usually prefer 8 tops or 10 tops. It's fun to meet different people and come together at the end of the day and share stories over great food. We arent "those people", meaning the ones who like to make friends on cruises and hang out. We pretty much keep to ourselves during the day, a "Brian and Stacie conquer the world" kind of thing.  But it is fun to spend an hour an evening with strangers and share stories.  The sad thing is...our table mates have yet to show up! Yep, a big disappointment. Fortunately, there are some cool people at the table next to us, so we can shoot the bull with them.

Last night was a blast. it was a casual night and after dinner, we came down here to the cigar bar and listened to the band and then went to the karaoke bar.  I sang a song in honor of our favorite cruise buddies, Jeremy and Amy. Yes, I sang Miley Cyrus, See You Again. I sucked!  I'm pretty sure I will be recieving a letter from the Carnival Destiny staff stating that I'm not allowed back in the Karaoke bar.  It was that bad. But I sang with enthusiasm and finished with pride! Yes, it was fun. (video to come later.)

Today was a fun day at sea. We took it easy. (Okay, the band is now playing the theme song to the movie Mannequin. This rendition of the 80's Starship song is very intertaining.)

We laid out today, I got some reading done, and napped. it was awesome!

Tomorrow we are in Grand Turk, part of the Turks and Caicos Islands. I love this place. We came here 2 years ago on our Honeymoon and it's by far my favorite set of islands.

I was hoping to be able to upload some pictures but i've only got a screen and keyboard to work with, with no USB ports. You'll get some pictures later.

We are calling this our 2 year anniversary cruise. If we were to have made tshirts for this one, it would be 2YAC.  :-)   We celebrated our 2 year anniversary a week ago. Brian is an amazing husband and has really stepped up and taken the lead in our relationship. He really gets things done, makes things happen, and he loves me so much. I adore him. We are in such a happy place right now and it's only bound to continue as we go into year 3. He has this way of making me laugh and smile like no one else can. And it just gets better every day.

Brian is on the other computer right now emailing friends.  The band just finished playing Sweet Home Alabama and is now playing Africa by Toto.  HA!! The cigar smoke is getting to me. That's all for tonight. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. yay! A post from the Cruise Ship! We are getting ready to move here in a couple of days and we're pumped! have a great time and take a bunch of pictures (I just realized who I was speaking to and that I don't have to remind you to take a bunch of pictures....)

    have fun!!!! love yall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog. I see you like cruises. I'm planning to go next year first time to Bahamas Cruise thorough easy click travel. I hope it gonna be fun as you describe here.

    ReplyDelete