Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Nutty Bliss....2nd Anniversary

As B and I get ready to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, I reflect on how we've both grown so much this past year.  Year one was all about having fun and joining our lives together...evidenced by the laugh lines and tear stains going into year two.  Year two...the first half of it...was all about making a baby. This proved to be unsuccessful, so the second half of the year two was spent doing some much needed clutter cleaning in hopes to clear a path in a new direction. A direction that would get us to where we want to be. A happy marriage is more than just going through the motions. It's about gaining control of those motions and guiding your life in the direction you want to go. 

I know that Brian and I werent yet meant to be parents in the first half of this year.  Although we wanted it really bad and tried really hard, we just werent ready. I didnt know that at the time and was quite upset that God didnt see things my way. However, as I reflect back on how closer he and I have become these last 6 months, I realize that we wouldnt be this close now, if we were blessed with a child back then.

I think that makes us better and stronger. We are so close now and I am tickled at the thought of starting 2010 with him. We are both focused on making each other happy and in doing so we are finding so much joy in it. We laugh together more now than ever.  Again... we grow.

Did I tell you life is good?      ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment